Baraka FM is a regional media house serving the Kenya’s Coast region through broadcasting on 95.5 FM, on-line via www.barakafm.org and Baraka FM Events.
- The operations were officially launched on 4th February 2000
- It the radio section broadcasts from its transmitters in Mazeras reaching areas like Mombasa, Lamu, Malindi/Kilifi, Taita Taveta, Kwale, Meru, Parts of Machakos, Tana River and Bachuma (Border of Tanzania).
- The Events and on ground activities covers Mombasa, Lamu, Malindi/Kilifi, Taita Taveta, Kwale and Tana River.
Baraka FM’s Focus
- Coast People – which interviews profiles of people and their activities
- Coast Life – which touches on various issues such as health, marriage, family & parenting.
- Coast Note – 30 second notice board.
- Coast Talk – Ideals and concerns expressed by local people.
- Programs are tailored to inform, educate and entertain the listeners.
Being an FM station, hourly news broadcasts; weather updates; traffic; music and community announcements are also core to the station.
- The station also airs talk shows that discuss socio-political, environmental, economic issues that are affecting the community on a daily basis. We actively interact with our listeners at such times, by taking live calls where they express their opinions on issues raised.
- Having the highest radio reach – 54% which translates 399,000 listeners weekly (Recent research done by Steadman).
- The station broadcasts are In Swahili, Slang and English.
- We Have a tight schedule that runs for 24 hours every day as you will see from our run through.