Mombasa COVID-19 cases at 148 as two more die

0
711
Mombasa Governor Hassan Joho. He says that he will not allow any political gathering to be held in Mombasa and has asked police to arrest leaders found holding them./COURTESY

Mombasa County COVID-19 death tally continued to rise after two more patients succumbed to the disease on Sunday.

According to the Health Ministry, the County’s COVID-19 infections are almost at 150 after 19 more people tested positive for the disease, bringing the total number of infections in the County to 148.

15 of the new Mombasa cases are from Mvita, three from Kisauni and one from Likoni.

“In the last 24 hours, we have tested 883 cases, out of these, 30 people tested positive for Coronavirus. Of these cases, 19 are from Mombasa, eight from Nairobi, two from Bungoma and one from Kitui,” said Ministry of Health Chief Administrative Secretary Rashid Aman.

“This brings the total case load in the country of confirmed cases to 465,” he added.

Of the new national infections, 23 are male and seven females, their ages ranging from 4 to 64 years.

Within the same period, 15 more people have been discharged from hospitals bringing total number of recoveries in the country to 167 cases.

The CAS urged Kenyans to willingly come forward for the to be tested for the disease, saying that mass testing in targeted areas had already started but the turn out was low.

Mombasa Governor Ali Hassan Joho on Saturday said warned residents of Old Town, which is the current epicenter of the disease in the County, to voluntarily come out for testing or be subjected to mandatory testing.

Curfew

Meanwhile, you will be no longer be accommodated at the usual government quarantine facilities if you break the curfew rules.

“Instead, the Inspector General of Police has been directed by the National Emergency Response Committee to designate a curfew breakers holding place. The place must be able to meet the social distancing requirements,” said CAS Aman.

Comments

comments