>>BY MOSES MTENGO>>
Google last week unveiled their new AI service ‘Bard’ to compete against Microsoft-backed ChatGPT.
The google AI chatbot is based on the company’s Language Model for Dialogue Application (LaMDA) and ChatGPT is a larger-scale language generation model that is trained to generate human-like text.
ChatGPT was released a while back and has already won the hearts of many through its vast array of applications.
The future of AI is here and two tech powerhouses are leading the charge!
Below is a comparison between ChatGPT & Google Bard to help us decide on the AI that we should go for.
- Google Bard uses LaMDA (Language Model for Dialogue Application) as its underlying technology while ChatGPT uses GPT-3 (Generative Pretrained Transformer-3).
- Bard uses the vast data available on the Internet to deliver original and accurate answers while ChatGPT’s knowledge is limited to the events till 2021.
- Google Bard is designed as a conversational AI while ChatGPT is designed to generate human-like text.
- Google Bard has a vast index of website images, videos, documents, etc. while ChatGPT’s knowledge is limited to what it was trained on.
- Google Bard can provide real-time information while ChatGPT’s responses are generated in real-time but may not always be up to date.
- Google’s results are based on relevance and popularity while ChatGPT’s responses are based on patterns in its training data.
The answer to which AI is better depends on the specific task or need you have.
If you are looking for more information on the internet, Google is likely the better choice but if you need to generate text or perform other language-related tasks, GPT-3 might be the better option.
Who will win the battle for AI supremacy?