Nairobi, KENYA: Nairobi county commander Joseph Ole Tito has denounced allegations that police is protecting the Matatu operator in Meru Sacco called Felix Mwingirwa making him untouchable.
In a media briefing in Nairobi on Wednesday, Ole Tito said that allegations going around especially in the press that Felix is untouchable are untrue following the fact that he has three cases pending in corridors of justice.
Ole tito said that Mwingirwa who is an official of Meru Sacco, differed with the Sacco management and end up starting a fight and that the matter was taken up by the police.
“Felix had been arraigned before a court of law, and having made his initial report of malicious damage he decided not to follow up the issue and give police the necessary evidence that will prove his case beyond reasonable doubt.”Ole Tito said.
“The police are still holding the file.”He added
The county commander denied allegations that he is colluding with police to suppress his arrest urging any aggrieved party on any case related to Felix, to record the statement with police indicating that the Director of Criminal Investigation has opened the file on the same.
“The narrative that is being portrayed that he is untouchable is completely incorrect and misrepresentation of facts Felix is like any other Kenyan and he is not above the law.”Ole Tito said
Human rights activist Boniface Mwangi has been alleging that Felix has been allegedly masterminding arrests of his colleagues who witnessed the assault incident January 30th where he allegedly beat up a passenger.