Two more people have died from the deadly COVID-19 in Mombasa in the last 24 hours, out of the three new deaths recorded countrywide, the health ministry, said on Thursday.
Health Cabinet secretary Mutahi Kagwe said the two had other underlying health conditions that complicated their treatment, while the third victim died in Kiambu county.
In his latest update on Thursday, Kagwe said 147 new positive cases had been recorded countrywide out of the 2,831 samples tested during the previous 24 hours, and that all were Kenyan citizens.
Nairobi continued topping with 90 of the positive cases, while Mombasa had 41 cases.
Kiambu recorded three cases while Nyeri and Uasin Gishu had two cases each.
Kagwe said 13 more patients had recovered and gotten discharged bringing the total number of recoveries to 412 countrywide.
The positive cases included 87 males and 60 females with the youngest being one year old, Kagwe, said.
The latest figures bring the total number of positive tests in the country to 1,618 out of the 70,172 samples that have been tested so far.
Nairobi leads with a total number of 835 positive cases while Mombasa and Kajiado seal the top three slots with 490 and 65 positive cases respectively.
Pressure is mounting on the government to lift the ongoing dusk to dawn curfew, as well as the travel restrictions imposed in efforts to curb the virus spread.
The Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA), said in a statement on Thursday that they wanted the restrictions lifted but with precautionary measures, for the sake of the economy they said was on the verge of collapse.
Thousands of Kenyans have lost jobs following the closure of key sectors in the economy including tourism and hospitality.
The ongoing restrictions continue to June 6, with the expectation that president Uhuru Kenyatta, might relax them to revive the economy.