Christ Is The Answer Ministries (CITAM) has suspended their church services across the country for the next 30 days so as to comply with the directive of the President to ban public gatherings.
This, the Church says is to comply with government instructions to secure public safety as well as to provide effective ministry to its congregation in the new normal, digital media.
Speaking during a media brief at CITAM church in Nairobi on Wednesday, Bishop David Oginde said that the church has suspended its Sunday and midweek services in all their sanctuaries for the next 30 days to ensure that they secure public safety.
“We are encouraging our members and friends to join us online for virtual services beginning this Sunday, 22nd March from 10:00 am; broadcast on Hope TV and Hope FM and live-stream on various CITAM Social Media platforms until further notice,” said Bishop Oginde.
Bishop Oginde said in case of weddings and funerals, CITAM pastors will conduct as per the government’s guidelines during this period and will also follow guidelines given regarding hospitals and home visitations.
“If possible I advise the public to postpone weddings and funerals be attended by close family members. We also encourage our members and friends to confide our meetings within their home,” said the bishop.
CITAM has also suspended all fellowship meetings such as ‘Keshas’. It will also communicate online on a regular basis with updates on any changes to the direction it has in place.
Bishop Oginde however, called on the Government to ease the tax burden on citizens during this difficult season. He also encouraged Christians and volunteer individuals and organizations to express love and generosity especially to those requiring support with basic needs.
CITAM applauded the timely call by the president for a national day of prayer on the 21st March and have encouraged all members and the nation at large to participate in this great initiative.
This comes even after PCEA and All saints Cathedral suspended their services due to Covid-19 outbreak. So far Kenya has confirmed seven cases of the virus.