Man electrocuted by clothesline in Kisauni, Mombasa County

0
197
A man in Montana area, Kisauni was on Monday evening electrocuted after coming in contact with a live clothesline./COURTESY

Kenya Power and Lighting Company (KPLC) has started an investigation following the electrocution of a man in Mombasa’s Kisauni area.

According to a statement from KPLC, the incident took place on Monday evening at Montana area in Kisauni when the deceased came in contact with a live clothesline.

“A preliminary report indicates that the clothesline was energised after an electric power pole fell on the roof of a neighboring house to which the line was connected as a result of strong winds experienced in the area,” said KPLC.

Another person is reported to have been injured in the incident.

“We deployed a technical team to the site to isolate and de-energize the affected power line,” read the KPLC official statement.

“We are in touch with the bereaved family and like to assure them and the members of Montana area that the matter will be fully investigated to inform the course of action,” it added.

Comments

comments