257 health workers have fallen victim of corona virus.
This is according to the ministry of health during the daily COVID-19 briefing on Wednesday by Health cabinet secretary Mutahi Kagwe.
Speaking from Makueni County when assessing the county preparedness on COVID-19, Mutahi said those affected were on duty in ensuring that we are safe as a country.
“It is important to note that, among those exposed to the virus are our health care workers, who continue to work under difficult conditions and circumstances as they offer critical services to our people,” said Mutahi.
He however, said that the government is committed in ensuring that all our front line soldiers are protected at all time by providing necessary PPEs and other commodities.
On the current COVID-19 situation, the country has recorded 278 more cases from 3,053 samples tested in the last 24 hours.
This now bring the total number of confirmed cases to 8,528 from a total of 196,508 samples tested so far.
Meanwhile, 89 more patients were discharged from various hospitals bringing the total number of recoveries to 2,593.
However, the country lost two more patients to the disease bringing the total fatalities to 169.