Foreign Affairs Cabinet Secretary Raychelle Omamo has said that 30 Kenyans living abroad have succumbed to the COVID -19 disease.
Omamo told the parliamentary Adhoc committee that 193 Kenyans living in Europe especially in France, Italy, Sweden also from South Africa have tested positive for the disease.
Omamo said currently 88 Kenyans are still in hospital while 78 have fully recovered.
She further pointed out that Four Kenyans are in critical condition.
744 Kenyans have been reportedly repatriated from overseas.
Transport Principal Secretary Macharia Kamau said only those who were willing to return will be evacuated.
According to Kamau, the government will continue to facilitate stranded Kenyans willing to return.
“So far we have facilitated 700 Kenyans. We expect more to trickle in over the next weeks as we find means and ways of facilitating their return. “Macharia said
Kenyans who want to be back are required to undertake Covid-19 tests from any accredited laboratory and certification issued at least seven days before travel.
Meanwhile, Kenya’s high commissioner to United Kingdom Monaoh Esipisu said that the second flight from the United Kingdom is set to leave on Friday the 15th of May.