Guard dies after being electrocuted in Ukunda

Guard dies after being electrocuted in Ukunda

by -
0 213
PHOTO FILE

Kwale,KENYA:A guard in Diani Msambweni Kwale County has died after being electrocuted.

The guard identified as Salim Juma was electrocuted in the  wee hours of Monday night after  he  stepped on undercoated electric cables as he was going to switch off security lights at Adipes filling station in Ukunda town.

Confirming the incident Msambweni OCPD Joseph Chebusit said the fault might have been caused by the heavy rains going on in the area.

“He was electrocuted when he had gone to switch off lights and stepped on a live electric cable ,” Chebusit said.

He further added warned people to be keen with electricity during this rain season.

The deceased has been taken to Msambweni referral hospital.

Comments

comments