The wife of Malindi Town MCA David Kadenge Dadu died on Saturday while receiving treatment at a private hospital in Malindi following an electrocution incident.
According to the MCAs brother Michael Kadenge, the deceased was electrocuted while sewing clothes on an electric sewing machine at her home.
Kadenge said the family received the news with great shock, terming the death as a huge blow to the family.
“ I got a call at around 3 pm that my wife is dead and that she has been electrocuted. I’m still confused about what really happened”, said Dadu.
Meanwhile, various county officials have vowed to seek answers from KPLC claiming negligence on its part.
Led by the Majority leader in the county assembly Adamson Kadenge Mwathethe he said several people have lost their lives due to electrocution.
Malindi Police Commander Joe Lekuta confirmed the incident, saying they had already launched an investigation.