Intercounty movement between Mombasa,Kwale and Kilifi counties will not be allowed effective Wednesday 8th April.
This is according to the latest directive issued by president Uhuru Kenyatta as part of efforts to curb the spread of the Corona virus which has since been declared a global pandemic.
During his state of COVID-19 address on Monday,president Uhuru Kenyatta said that the three coastal counties had contributed to 14% of the total COVID-19 cases while Nairobi county which has also been put on partial lockdown had contributed to 82%.
“In the intervening period,movement in and out of the coastal strip is restricted” president Uhuru Kenyatta said.
However,the partial lock-down instituted in Nairobi would take effect on Monday at 7.00 pm and would also include the Nairobi metropolitan area which includes parts of Kajiado,Machakos and Kiambu counties.
The partial lock-down would be for 21 days in the four counties.
This comes as 16 more cases of Coronavirus were confirmed in the country bringing the total cases to 158.
The president has also banned the operation of bodaboda’s,Tuk Tuks and scooters.
So far,four people have succumbed to the virus in Kenya.
In Mombasa,a Kenya Ports Authority employee identified as Ursula Buluma succumbed to the virus on Wednesday last week at the Mombasa hospital.