Nairobi, KENYA: The Kenya National Examinations Council has cancelled the results of 3,427 KCSE candidates found guilty of exam-cheating.
This is after Kenya National Examinations Council chairperson, George Magoha released the K.C.S.E probe findings at the KNEC offices in Nairobi on Tuesday.
Late last year, results of fifty-three schools had been withheld pending investigations on reported exam malpractices.
The probe findings have proved that the said students cheated mostly through similar answers indicated in their answer papers.
However,1,275 candidates from 9 centers have been cleared therefore receiving their results.
The students in 44 centers found guilty in last year’s Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education exam malpractice have however been offered a second chance to register afresh for this year’s exams.
Magoha has appealed to parents and teachers to be a good example to their children and has further issued a stern warning stating that the council will not condone such malpractices in the future and that it is working on curbing it.
“It will continue tightening the knots of all examination offenders…including introducing new measures.” Professor Magoha said on Tuesday.