Nairobi, KENYA: Firefighters are camped at Sarit Centre in Westlands, Nairobi in a bid to quell a fire that broke out Friday morning at the mall.
It is reported that the fire might have been caused by Malfunction from a machine at copy xpress at the second floor of Sarit Centre and eventually cause huge smoke when the fire extinguisher was used it caught fire.
Ultimately the huge smoke was seen from the rooftop of the mall’s building.
Everyone was evacuated safely police, ambulance and fire brigade are on the site in a bid to control the situation.
Earlier the mall through it’s Twitter handle, reported that the fire had been contained but that has not been the case.
“We would like to inform all our tenants and shoppers that there was a small fire in one of our outlets on the ground floor which has now been contained by Sarit Centre security, staff and the Nairobi County Fire Department. No injuries reported…more details will follow.” Posted the mall on its Twitter page.
The incident has caused a huge traffic snarl up within and around west lands area as tenants and roads users around the area were urged to avoid the area until the situation is entirely contained.
More to follow….