Nairobi, KENYA: Nairobi County governor Mike Mbuvi Sonko has said that he will only issue a statement on the resignation of his deputy Polycarp Igathe after consultations.
Speaking in Mombasa on Monday during the official opening of a workshop on Nairobi City County Water Sanitation Policy and Bill, Sonko said he was engaging with Jubilee party officials, members of national assembly and MCAs before he issues a statement.
Governor Sonko said that Nairobi County has professionals to ensure the county runs effectively.
“I am focused on service delivery and challenges affecting residents of Nairobi County lets not politicize everything,” said Sonko.
Sonko declined to respond on whether he would work with Mr.Igathe again if the Jubilee party manages to solve the differences between them.
“I cannot comment on a question whether I will appoint a new deputy governor lets wait consultations to be completed,” said Sonko.
Members of the Nairobi County assembly who were present vowed to support Sonko and ensure he delivers to the residents despite the political challenges in the county.
Mr.Igathe resigned as the Nairobi deputy governor last week citing failure to earn the trust of his boss Governor Mike Sonko to enable him deliver services to Nairobians.