35-year-old mason electrocuted to death in Lamu

35-year-old mason electrocuted to death in Lamu

by -
0 274
Part of Lamu Island. FILE/PHOTO.

Lamu, KENYA: Police in Lamu have launched investigations into an incident where a man in his mid thirties was found dead in a house he was working on in Riyadha area on Tuesday afternoon.

Elias Nyegere,35 who is a mason met his death after a suspected case of electrocution while he was going about his construction business at a residential house Lamu town.

“I had gone out to fetch him cement, when I left him he was very okay and we were even chatting and laughing. I was only out for less than three minutes because the cement was just in an adjacent room. When I came back I found him sprawled on the ground with the scooping spoon still in his hand.Thats when I raised alarm and the house owners came,” said a fellow mason who declined to be named.

The body had deep and fresh burns on the wrists,hands and on the back.

“He must have touched a live wire because there is no other explanation the incident.” He added.

Area chief Haidar Fakii cautioned residents to be careful when conducting any activities around electrical appliances in order to avoid similar accidents.

Police confirmed that the deceased had died due to instant electrocution.

The body was taken to the Mpeketoni sub-county hospital mortuary.

Comments

comments