9-year-old boy dies after being electrocuted in Likoni

9-year-old boy dies after being electrocuted in Likoni

by -
0 361

Mombasa, KENYA: A 9-year-old boy died after he was electrocuted in Likoni, police said on Sunday.

Likoni Police Chief Willy Simba said the class one pupil of Kijue,one of the private schools in the area, died shortly after he was rushed to a nearby private health care.

“The boy stepped on the power cables which had fallen due to heavy down pour that was experienced last night,” Simba said.

“It is believed the tree might have been blown over in strong winds in the area.” The police boss added.

Paramedics tried their best to bring back the boy but were unable to revive him.

The body was moved to coast general hospital morgue awaiting postmortem.

He added that police have launched investigations on the matter.

Comments

comments

SIMILAR ARTICLES