Nairobi, KENYA: Inspector General Joseph Boinnet has ordered the arrest of bank officials belonging to both Chase and National bank, this is after Central Bank of Kenya accused management from the banks of unethical conduct.
Boinet on Friday through a press release said the seven had until 3:30PM April,8 to present themselves and record statements at the Directorate of Criminal Investigations Headquarters along Kiambu Road.
The officials are as follows:
1. Munir Mohammed- Suspended National Bank Managing Director.
2. Boniface Biko- Suspended National Bank Executive Director.
3. George Jaba- Suspended National Bank Chief Credit Officer.
READ ALSO: Chase bank put under receivership by CBK
4. Wycliffe Kavunira- Suspended National Bank Acting Finance Officer.
5. Chris Kisire- Suspended National Bank Chief Finance Officer.
1. Zufrulla Khan- Immediate former Chase Bank chairman.
2. Dancun Kabui- Immediate former Chase Bank managing director.
Police have also sounded a warning against social media users spreading false information about the banking sector this is after a third bank was placed under receivership since last year.
Boinnet urged members of the public in case of any uncertainty, to obtain clarity from relevant authorities as already a person by the name David Mukunzi Zawadi- has been arrested and will face charges of misuse of social media.