Government warns against sharing of slain KDF soldiers pictures

Government warns against sharing of slain KDF soldiers pictures

by -
0 580
KDF officers at a past operation. Photo courtesy.

The government has warned the public against sharing pictures of the slain Kenya Defence soldiers killed following al shabaab attack on their Elade base camp in Somalia.

Interior cabinet secretary Joseph Nkaisery, Saturday while addressing journalists in Mombasa, said said such images tend to glorify terrorism and those found to be sharing through social media will face the law.

When asked on the number of KDF soldiers who had been killed,the CS declined saying the operation was still ongoing and “very soon” a full report will be released.

Nkaisery reiterated that KDF will not be moved from Somalia till the enemy is wiped out, terming the attack as cowardly.

“The war against terrorism,extremism will continue as planned”said the CS.

Nkaiserry further directed the inspector general of police Joseph Boinett to speed up investigations of the three suspects culpable of sharing the images of the slain officers.

“we have over and over again cautioned that sharing of graphic images of the death embolden the enemy and bring grief to those who lost their loved ones.this will not be tolerated,we will make sure action is taken”said Ole Nkaiserry.

The toll death remains unknown even after the terror group put the number to be more than 60.

Four injured officers were on Sunday airlifted to Nairobi.

Defence minister Raychel Omamo and chief of Defence forces Samson Mwathethe received the officers at Wilson airport.

Comments

comments