Mombasa County security has released names of 4 youths suspected to be notorious in terrorizing and robbing residents at the populated Majengo and Old Town areas of Mombasa.
The suspects Nassir Sogomo from Majengo, Lukman Khatib, Nurdin Khamis and Jamal Rashid claimed to be operating from Diani and Majengo have been given an amnesty to stop their criminal activities and surrender to the police.
Mombasa County Commissioner Nelson Marwa who is also the county security committee chairman says the youths have been stealing from passengers who arrive from Nairobi and upcountry at bus stations around the Central Business District.
“The youths have been pretending to be tuktuk drivers, stealing from the public….we have ordered security agents to ensure these fellows are smoked out wherever they are”, said Marwa
Marwa said the suspected criminals have been using peppers commonly known as pilipili which they throw on eyes of victims to maim them before stealing from them.
Meanwhile Marwa has also warned unknown people in Mombasa for allegedly targeting school children to join the terror group Alshabab as he urged school heads and parents to monitor their children movements
Mombasa ASK Show.
Speaking at Mkomani ASK show ground on Monday Commissioner Marwa also assured the public of tight security during this year Mombasa International Agricultural Show set to open this week.
“The government has put in place sufficient security for everyone who will be attending the show because we expect more people in the event compared to last year ”, says Marwa
A total of 250 exhibitors including Baraka FM are expected to showcase their agricultural products during the 5 day event.